Minakami



Janet, James, Clara and myself booked on a 'Tokyo Gaigins' weekend winter adventure in Minakami - 3 hours from Tokyo. Saturday was spent snow shoeing up a mountain, and sliding most of the way back on our derriers. This picture of stalagmites was taken in a cave up the mountain. On Sunday we went to Naeba for a days skiing. The snow had gone since my last visit, and as no-one enjoys skiing on ice, we decided to ski to another resort after lunch. Unfortunately my efforts were wasted, as when I returned my skis had gone. 'This is Japan, they wont be stolen' was everyone's reaction, and they were right, as my skis appeared a few hours later. Not that that made me feel any better as I spent the afternoon sulking due to some plonker's dizziness ;-(

pictures on this link:
  • minakami